[Amps] 8877 Plate Voltage

Mike Tubby mike at tubby.org
Tue Jul 3 11:19:33 PDT 2012

Don,

Agreed, I have a single 3-500Z on 6m (very good design from QST 1971)
but it had a bit too much gain with 3600V on the tube, so I put 3 x 22R
3W MOF resistor in parallel (giving about 7R at 9W) and put this in
series with the cathode (after the tuned input) and it reduced the gain
a couple of dB and produced a bit of NFB... works a treat.

Mike G8TIC