[Amps] Roger, Roger, Roger

donroden at hiwaay.net donroden at hiwaay.net
Sat Jul 7 03:15:28 PDT 2012

Quoting "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri at rogerhalstead.com>:

> My experience is an antenna is an antenna is an antenna is an antenna.
> It makes no difference in the antenna type, they do not care whether the
> signal is analog or digital.
>
> there is no such thing as a digital or analog antenna, nor is there one
> that works better on digital or analog Vs the other
> Nor have I ever noticed a difference in types versus modes.

Roger,
You are wasting bandwidth and time.
Don't you know that digital antennas have square edges that capture
the sharp transitions of ones and zeros ?
Analog signals being slippery; the sine waves just pass on through.

It's like the old feedlines we used to make out of barbed wire with
the barbs pointed towards the antenna. The signals would just slip out
to the antenna but them vswrs would get caught coming back in the
other direction.

Great transmit antenna, but I never heard much on one of 'em.

We did some experimenting with RF glue back in the day too.

Don W4DNR