[Amps] Filament Xfmr

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Sun Jul 8 16:36:46 PDT 2012

Hi All, a web wire chart shows #18 to have .004 ohms per foot. Two 5"
leads are close enough to a foot so a quick calculation of heating is 10A X 10A
X .004 =  4 watts of heating.

Seems if there is any air flow at all the wire should be ok.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 7/8/2012 12:01:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time,