[Amps] Alpha 9500 tell tale on 87a

Charles Harpole k4vud at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:53:03 PDT 2012

Read the 9500 adverts and see how they tell you what went wrong with the 87a.....  Adverts say no more PINs and vy few plugs and sockets.

Same as StepIR adverts that NOW stress quality improvements and a new hi quality guy there.  Tells you that the prior antennas were fraught with problems of quality parts.

Watch what car makers say is "now improved" to learn what was wrong with earlier models, hee hee hee.

87a built-in flaws do not show up in early ownership of new ones, but wait a few years, ah ha gotcha.

PS, the only way you can baby your amps or radios is to adjust them out of spec.  Otherwise, contest ops, continuous Diathermy use, or otherwise do not wear out your cuddly electronic things.  Tubes do seem to wear out eventually, but no one yet has told me how that happens, but one guy did say that they just run out of electrons, oops.  Band switches are mechanical and will wear out eventually.

Charles Harpole
k4vud at hotmail.com