[Amps] corona on a quad

Charles Harpole k4vud at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 21:55:44 PDT 2012

My understanding is that corona discharge would be most off a single isolated point, like the tip of a vertical ant or the ends of a yagi elements.

I doubt the corners of a quad would act like that as much if at all.  Likely someone has some hard test data on this.

I also wonder if a corona charge is enlarged by the spread out and larger "area" of a quad loop.  That is, is there a maximum charge that can be induced on any one isolated object or is the charge larger solely because the structure is larger?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Charles Harpole
k4vud at hotmail.com