[Amps] Neon xfmr for HiPot

k9muf at comcast.net k9muf at comcast.net
Wed Jul 18 11:38:29 PDT 2012

Another possible transformer for a hi-pot tester is the ones in a "bug Zapper". I am referring to the ones that look like an old fashioned coach lamp, not the smaller electronic types.

The ones in the coach lamp type produce about 4000 volts at about 5 ma.
I have seen them at garage sales for a dollar or two.

Don    k9muf