[Amps] Silicone hose from Flex Technologies

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Jul 20 11:32:25 PDT 2012

On 7/20/2012 1:19 PM, Paul Hewitt wrote:
> Greetings
> A few months ago someone posted the link for this company after using some
> of their silicone hose for a chimney(s).  I bought some of the 2.5 inch hose
> for a pair of 3cx800's I have.  It is a polyester reinforced product.
> Unfortunately the hose did not survive the microwave test I gave it.  Two
> minutes in a 1KW microwave gets it so hot you can't touch it for ten
> minutes.  It might be OK for HF but above that I would be cautious.  For
> what it's worth before you spend the money.

Why not do it the way the commercial amp builders do it. Take a piece of
about 1/8" silicone rubber sheet, roll it into a tube of the proper
size, and use Silastic RTV (TM) or any other RTV) and make your own.
They are cheap, easy to make, and rugged.

Polyester reinforcement might not be an improvement.

You can purchase the high temperature silicone (red) from Aircraft
Spruce and other sources.

73

Roger (K8RI)