[Amps] SB-220 mods ?

Steve Bookout steve at dx4win.com
Tue Jul 24 13:53:56 PDT 2012

Hello all,

Several years ago, I was given an SB-220 which I was told was dead due to some unknown problem.  I ground mounted a multi band vert with lots of radials at the 'lake house' and figured this would be a good time to resurrect this amp for use there, when I'm not catching fish 8^).

While looking for a troubled previous life, I expect to re-cap it, replace bleeder R's and PS rectifiers.
I have LOTS of 390 mf/450 v caps which I can use.  If I use these, I will add HV inrush circuit.

Any suggestions on what other mods I should do?

73 de Steve, NR4M