[Amps] Overdrive protection

George K4GVT at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 09:47:25 PDT 2012

Vic, my ARD 230A using 3CX800's built in the 80's has this feature. If
you drive it a little heavy it'll start warning you
and give you a few seconds to stop before shutting down. If you hit it
real hard, it'll shut down immediately.
Both are reset from the front panel easily.  So, if this was done in the
80's why isn't it implemented in every amp
built today.  I have read, some folks thought it was unforgiving and
interrupted their transmission and didn't
like it.

73,
George, K4GVT