[Amps] Overdrive protection

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Jul 26 10:36:50 PDT 2012

Why the heck not build in the attenuator so a 100W+ exciter can be used
without having to crank it down on every band since many vary per band.

National used a swamped grid input tetrode amp in the 60's that had an
internal jumper for 20-200W output exciters.

Now that swamped grid tetrodes are the in thing again, what is so hard for a
company who overcharges for amps that offer nothing special in the RF
section along with touchy and problematic software/firmware to spend a few
more dollars??  Maybe they just like telling owners...."Sorry, your warranty
is void since you overdrove the amp and now we can rape you on repair
costs."  Someone there must have worked at a car company that pulls the same
stunts.

Carl
KM1H