[Amps] Overdrive protection

Mike k4gmh at arrl.net
Sat Jul 28 09:17:51 PDT 2012

Hello Bert,

Thanks for the info. on how to tame the IC746 overshoot.  Too bad I didn't
learn about the 746's overshoot problem or your approach to tame it until
it cost me a 4CX1600 in a HB amp.  Changed to a GS-35B and just let the
first couple of msec. overshoot happen.  Most of the time you can see the
1600 to 1700 W initial output on a peak reading Wattmeter.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH