[Amps] K1FO SK

K1SG at aol.com K1SG at aol.com
Sun Jul 29 17:46:53 PDT 2012

I pass along this sad news, reported on the Moon-net reflector, but equally
 appropriate here:

Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 22:53:39 -0400
From: "Bob McCormick W1QA"  <eme at w1qa.com>
Subject: [Moon-Net] Steve K1FO SK
To:  <moon-net at mailman.pe1itr.com>,  <moon-net at googlegroups.com>

I'm saddened to report that Steve Powlishen K1FO passed  away late this
afternoon Saturday 28 Jul 2012.  We'll pass along further  details once we
have them.  Our thoughts are with Lori his XYL.

-  Bob W1QA

Steve K1FO (and formerly WA1FFO) developed not only the very  popular VHF
antennas that bear his call and were sold by Rutland Arrays, C3i,  and
Directive Arrays, but also the very highly regarded Lunar Link Amplifiers,  which
used (in most cases) a pair of 3CX800s on 144, 222 and 432 MHz. Steve was  a
meticulous builder, an experimenter, and was making EME contacts before he
was  out of his teens.
He will be sorely missed.

Steve  Gilbert
K1SG