[Amps] 3CX1500A7/8877

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Sun Jul 29 23:59:23 PDT 2012

BILL , a long time ago I experimented with the GS-35B  tube like  you.
When it first hit the street here after the cold war I experimented  by putting
one in place of an 8877 in an AL-1500.  As our Comrade eludes to  it's kin
to the 8877 I just had to do this.  Here is the result.  With  100 watts
drive in an AL-1500 the 8877 will make 2300 watts output.  Once I  switched the
GS-35B in there I could only get 1600 max. So as you discovered I  did too.
It is simply not the same thing at all.  That experiment turned me  away
from them for good.  I'd take a $300.00 medical pull 8877 any day over  a
$150.00 GS-35B.

Curious:  Was that a tuned input or a swamped resistive  type?

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie