[Amps] ANOTHER L4B EBAY (same seller)

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Thu Jun 7 22:43:47 PDT 2012

On 6/8/2012 1:18 AM, Mike Baker wrote:
> This should be interesting to watch.
>
> Wanna bet this one pushes the 3K mark pretty hard?  As weird as that may
> seem to me, it just might happen.

Who do you think winds those auctions?  Does and L4B actually put our
1500 watts?
Now if it were a heatkit, unassembeled, in the original box, it would be
a true collectors piece.
The Viking Ranger I the ARRL put together a few years back was worth a
whole lot more before they made the first solder joint.  It not only was
rare, it was unique.

But what is there to show an L4B is brand new, never used that will make
it stand out from other pristine L4Bs?
A normal collector would want a piece that screams "I am Unique", I am
worth a fortune to those who can see I'm different!
This may be a never used amp, but it is not "brand new". At best it is
NOS that is likely to need new caps at a minimum before it can be used.
An amp is worth what ever the market will stand and he'll probably get
it, but what is so special about this amp that would make it a genuine
collectors piece?

73

Roger (K8RI)