[Amps] Intro

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Jun 13 17:52:56 PDT 2012

Welcome back to the living Jerry.
For the 30L1 use a muffin fan on top pulling the hot air out, especially
with 811A's even on SSB.
With 572B's as long as the plates arent showing color the tubes will be
happy. Otherwise use a fan.

If running 80-20M only many remove the tube cover and interlock to improve
air flow, it will probably be fine on 10-15 if TVI/RFI isnt a problem.

For the 6KG6 here are the specs and you can compare to the 6LQ6 and other
sweep tubes and make tester settings accordingly. Some testers already
include them with their latest settings releases. I believe the Jackson 648S
is one of them.

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/084/6/6KG6.pdf

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/164/e/EL509.pdf

Note also that there are numerous EL-509 conversions written up on the
internet, dig up what you can find.

Otherwise sell to a CBer and find something a lot better.

Carl
KM1H

Carl
KM1H