[Amps] Problem with Ten Tec - Titan 425 Amplifier

Ray Benny rayn6vr at cableone.net
Wed Jun 13 19:56:14 PDT 2012

Colin and all,

Tnx for the all inputs.

I am not sure that the B+ was not there when I tried to tune the amp. Soon
I'll do some checks with an ohm meter to see what I can learn. Once I
install a new plate choke, I will remove the tubes and and see what
happens. I'll also will check the tubes for shorts and opens, and if
necessary try to find a hi-pot tester somewhere in the Phoenix area. As a
last resort, I will ship them off for testing.

N1FK sent a link to: "Tech notes on the Titan 425 Amp". Its quite long with
alot of details, I'll will spend some time digesting it.

I'll keep the group informed.

Tnx again for the comments and suggestions.

Ray,
N6VR