[Amps] Dummy Load Blues

Larry Benko xxw0qe at comcast.net
Thu Jun 14 21:08:32 PDT 2012

Manfred,

Just FYI.

Using your numbers and assuming the SWR issues are excess inductance,
the inductance necessary to turn 50 ohms to a 1.5:1 SWR on 2m is ~23nH.
If you were to put 8pF from the center pin to ground at the connector of
the dummy load your 2m SWR would drop to 1.17:1 and the HF SWRs would
get either slightly better or be virtually unchanged.

73,
Larry, W0QE