[Amps] Squirrely 30L-1

Jerry Kaidor jerry at tr2.com
Fri Jun 15 10:44:46 PDT 2012

> One thing you didn't mention is what tubes are in the amp? Sometimes funny
> things happen with newer import tubes

*** A matched set of Chinese 811A's, purchased from RF Parts many years ago.
I also have qty 11 811A's, mostly American, gleaned out of the flea market
over many years.  I might try a set of those, matched with my TV7-D/U tube
tester.  I tested them all yesterday, and found two matched sets of THREE.
But I think I can put together a set of 4 that's not too bad - 48,48,48,45
on the TV7 - I have no idea what the numbers mean :).  The booklet says
that the minimum is 36.

                              - Jerry Kaidor