[Amps] Pi-L Network Question

Jim Garland 4cx250b at muohio.edu
Mon Jun 18 10:25:58 PDT 2012

You're right, Peter. I misspoke. It's the large required L1 & L2 that make a
pi-L impractical for an 8877 on 160m. For example, for Q=12 and a plate
impedance of 2600 ohms (roughly correct for an 8877 with 4KV plate voltage),
L1=43uH and L2=11uH. L1 would truly be a monster inductor! For a pi-network,
L1=23 uH, or roughly half as great as for a pi-L. The values of C1 and C2
aren't really of practical significance, since one can always use fixed
capacitors as needed. Thanks for correcting me.
73,
Jim W8ZR

C2.