[Amps] 4CX1500B's -- worth using?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Jun 20 14:57:51 PDT 2012

The 4CX1500B is a direct replacement in a Collins 30S1 without any changes
OR the increased screen voltage mod can be done for more power. Idle current
bias needs a tweak and a heat extractor is a good idea if its used heavy
duty. The nominal filament current is 1A more.

A friend had a pair on 2M that would do over 3000W for EME and contests.

Not to be confused with a 4CX1500A which has a real grid and can be well
abused without damage.

Carl
KM1H