[Amps] Tube Theory?

Patrick Barthelow apolloeme at live.com
Thu Jun 21 09:17:39 PDT 2012

A single site mother lode of Tube information, many links:

http://www.tubebooks.org/tube_data.htm

What it does not explain is how/why there are companies that are able to sell  200 watt TUBE audio amps  (using 3-400Z, looks like) for $18,000.
Nor does it give out that company's customer list.  Somewhere there is a photo of a "monoblock"  tube amp with a large Transmitting tube in prominent position
for $18,000, two required for stereo.   If you want to satisfy real needs for QRO HF amps, you can fund your habit simply by building a "high end"
audio tube amp or two, each year.

Best Regards,
Pat Barthelow,  AA6EG