[Amps] Acoustic Noise Comparison

Jim Barber audioguy at q.com
Thu Jun 21 19:11:57 PDT 2012

And that's where we have to be careful.

I work on dampening and otherwise normalizing enclosures and spaces for
artsy designers, so if there's a measurable resonance in a waterfall
decay display when excited by a high-energy signal, I feel compelled to
fix it. To me, the 76A cabinet rings like a bell. To someone else it
might sound acoustically dead. It's a matter of perspective.

Can the "average guy" tell the difference between an acoustically
treated amp blower/case and an untreated one? Absolutely. Will that same
"average guy" care, or perceive it as an improvement? That's a different
question.

My .02,
Jim N7CXI