[Amps] Acoustic Noise Comparison

Jim Barber audioguy at q.com
Fri Jun 22 21:35:51 PDT 2012

Good results.
Assuming the blower is running in balance, freshening the rubber baby
buggy bumpers it mounts on might help some more with the vibration.

Turbulence is tougher. Apple has been working on that one for their new
MacBook Pro, which uses a new fan design where the blades are different
lengths. (doesn't decrease noise per se, but spreads it out across a
wider range of frequencies making it appear quieter)  It works pretty
well, but unfortunately I don't know how to copy the idea with a
centrifugal blower yet.

It sounds like you've made significant progress. Quiet is good. :-)

73,
Jim N7CXI