[Amps] I always learn something new on eBay

k7fm k7fm at teleport.com
Thu Mar 1 07:17:49 PST 2012

While shopping on ePay for a pair of spare 805 modulators for my classic
WWII plate modulated transmitter, I noted a fellow selling teflon sockets,
complete with oxygen free terminals.  It is claimed that this will improve
the audio better than a new set of tubes.  I wonder if this improvement will
transfer to rf amplifier tube sockets?  Perhaps we can run our linear
amplfiers Class C and simply buy new sockets.

73,  Colin  K7FM