[Amps] Customs drilled a hole in my GU74b / 4CX800s

Tobias Wellnitz tobias.wellnitz at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 1 08:48:48 PST 2012

Hi,

a friend of mine recently was very generous and sent me four used 4CX800 /
GU74b which he didn’t need anymore.

The tubes where traveling a while and through several non-EU countries.
Today the parcel finally arrived.

I have already heard wild stories about customs, but I didn’t expect this:

*Customs drilled holes in two tubes and later opened them with a saw.

I compiled a couple of pictures on my website:

http://www.dh1tw.de/customs-break-my-tubes-4cx800-gu74b

Anyone else had already similar experiences?

*Btw: Is it true that these tubes contain Beryliumoxid and thoriated
thungsten?

What is the health risk going out from an opened tube?
*
73 Tobias
EA4/DH1TW
*