[Amps] Gettering GU-74B's in-place with screen voltage?

Steve g8gsq72 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 08:32:30 PDT 2012

Might be worth checking if they need gettering. I have some old GU74bs
and a NOS 4CX800 which have been sitting on the shelf for several years
that I know of. I want to sell them so the first step was hipot - all
made 8kV at <1uA.

Can't see any problem with running them up with cutoff bias applied, I
tend to go cautiously and add a couple of 12" long 15k wirewounds in
series with the HV at first.

Steve

PS anyone interested in the tubes please contact me off list. SK1 bases
available too.