[Amps] HT-41

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 20:29:23 PDT 2012

A friend has one of these with the mercury rectifiers replaced with diodes and a new capacitor pack. He also thinks the 7094s are now 813s. It has been sitting unsed for years.

Any recommendations on firing it up?

I have a variac and 0-500 v DC supply to add to the mix as required.

When I was a young kid working for an air conditioning contractor, I turned on a 250 HP motor that had been sitting in 40 degree air for a month without warming it up and I wouldn't want the same thing that happened to the motor to happen to his amp hi hi

Thanks,

Rick, N6PE