[Amps] Ducting Suggestion

Bob Good k4bg at planters.net
Wed Mar 21 15:02:38 PDT 2012

Roger, et-al;  On my Titan II (4CX-1600) I use RV sewer hose to exhaust the
air through my home brew panel in the bottom of the window behind the
equipment where the feed lines pass.  I use screen wire at the outside
opening to eliminate critters.  The outside end hangs down and moisture is
not a problem.  No ant problem.  My amp sits on a home brew matching console
in the knee hole of my corner desk.  The amp sits at a angle facing upward.
I installed sound dampening foam inside the hollow beneath the amp with
screening over the several air inlet holes to prevent dust bunnies from the
carpet.  After over a year, no dust, quiet air noise, and no heat in the
shack.  All I hear is the slight blower motor whine.  So far the hose is
holding up fine under the UV.  I attached the hose to the top of the amp
using nylon medical tape.  It holds well to the warm metal and the adhesive
removes easily.  I'll gladly send a picture if you wish.  I enjoy reading
the comments.  Regards,  Bob K4BG