[Amps] How Do You Know When Filter Caps Begin to Fail?

Bob K6UJ k6uj at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 28 13:33:01 PDT 2012

Pete,

My understanding from input received on this reflector is that the electrolytic filter caps have reached the end of their lifespan and
are prone to go out after about 15 years.  This varies of course but it is good idea to change them out if they are as old as yours.
The problem with these guys is that when they go you don't normally have any pre indication and they usually go kaboom and take out
other stuff along with it.  Cheap insurance to replace them.

Bob
K6UJ