[Amps] How to know when filter caps begin to fail

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Mar 29 06:27:40 PDT 2012

Very few have access to a ESR tester that works at 45V or more and these
hand helds are completely useless for this since they use 9V or less.

Mine are a military ZM-11 and a Sprague TO-6A plus a 1940 model 16 (Postwar
renamed the TO-3) that goes to a bit beyond 1000V and that one has caught
several oil filled over the years.
Nothing lasts forever.

Carl
KM1H