[Amps] How to know when filter caps begin to fail

Randall, Randy Randy.Randall at uchealth.com
Thu Mar 29 09:57:54 PDT 2012

I have a Sprauge TO-5, TO-6A and a Eico 950B.  They are my buddies when it comes to caps.  The Eico is a real sleeper at the hamfests.  I have seen them go for as little as a dollar or two at times, but you have to be an early bird!
The eye tube is worth that!  As Jim pointed out it can go to 500 V.  The 950B also provides a ESR "power factor" reading.

The 950B manual is here:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/References/Manuals/EIC/EIC_13.zip

For as little as they cost there is not reason not to have one.

Randy AB9GO

Randy E. Randall AB9GO
Network Engineer
UC Health