[Amps] Fwd: Re: soldering vs crimping

Alex Eban alexeban at gmail.com
Wed May 2 22:52:39 PDT 2012

This is definitely true, although in the Signal corps we used crimped
connectors all over in field installations and vehicular use with no
problems. Modern connectors are nickel coated and surface treated (that's
why they don't take solder well) to withstand exterior use.
The main problem is that the shield and the PVC coating is not as well
supported as in the thread assembled types; that's where they usually give.
Alex	4Z5KS