[Amps] every db lost re Tubes vs. Solid State

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Thu May 3 03:31:10 PDT 2012

Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 11:22:18 -0700
From: Jim Brown <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] every db lost re Tubes vs. Solid State

On 5/1/2012 11:16 AM, gdaught6 at stanford.edu wrote:
> Some years ago, I discovered a 'cure' for the problems brought to my station by
> cheapie connectors. They ALL went into the S***can! Since then, no problems. No
> connector problems at least.

I sold them for fifty cents each at hamfests.

Jim

##  What a hypocrite !  Why don’t you practice what you preach.

At one time I had bought a few of those offshore
right angle UHF connectors... and they caused no end of grief from day1

Here’s what you do with any junk that should not be passed on. Either
toss  em in the local landfill  or cut them in half, used for practice  on
your band saw.   But please don’t do stupid  stuff like selling em
at hamfests  or  e-bay..or giving them away for free.  You are selling folks a bill of goods.
ALL those cheap offshore connectors are int..right when 1st bought.  Some poor bastard
is gonna either blow up his xcvr or his amp  cuz of your generosity.

If you want a real laff, cut open some different brands of baluns in the bandsaw.
While ur at it, buy one of every brand of oil filter...and cut em all open.  Same
deal.   Offshore crap like FRAM, etc, is pure junk.

later..... Jim   VE7RF