[Amps] Why are we building amps rather then transmitters? (Tubes vs. Solid State)

W2XJ w2xj at nyc.rr.com
Thu May 3 15:20:21 PDT 2012

A good portion of this has already been done. Check the HPSDR group.
Also look at the ADAT. The final hurdle is to do this at the legal limit.

We did have transmitters back when AM was dominant. I fondly remember
the Viking 500 but I do not think such an approach is practical for
commercial production as not everyone can use a full limit TX and would
not pay for it.