[Amps] Fwd: Re: soldering vs crimping

Robert Logan bob.logan47 at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 22:08:11 PDT 2012

I just put wire and solder together in my hands, rubbed my hands together real fast, and got cold solder joints only during the winter.  Too poor to pay an electric bill.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 3, 2012, at 9:12 PM, "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri at rogerhalstead.com> wrote:

On 5/3/2012 9:50 PM, k7fm wrote:
> "You had a razor blade?  We had to gnaw off the jacket and then bite through
> the individual strands one-by-one!  Then we had to rub the solder with a
> stick until it melted!"
>
> You had solder?  We had to go through the trash and find discarded
> toothpaste containers and use the lead in them or melt the solder in
> discarded tin cans.

See how much more advanced us rich farmers were. My folks installed
indoor plumbing just before I came along. Unfortunately that last
sentence is not a joke. <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)