[Amps] [ham_amplifiers] RE: The power of an oversized electrolytic capacitor /howmuch PS filter C is enough?

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Thu May 10 23:46:55 PDT 2012

On 5/10/2012 3:21 PM, Carl wrote:

> Incorrect, it can be either active or passive.
I think we are running into semantics,  but the way I see it(depending
on how active feedback is defined)  if the math is done for either the
flywheel or the caps they do see what I would call an active feedback.
. In both cases when the energy storage device (which contains potential
energy) sees less energy in the system it transfers energy into the
system, or more correctly energy transfers or flows from the higher
potential to the lower.

Unless active feedback is defined as from an external device the system
itself senses potential energy on both sides and attempts to equalize
the energy by transferring from the higher potential to the lower and
would stop if they became equal. In both cases the storage device is
recharged when the system contains more energy than the storage device.

73

Roger (K8RI)