[Amps] Output choke - Calculation

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Thu May 17 01:25:13 PDT 2012

On 5/17/2012 3:52 AM, Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick one.
>
> How to calculate the output choke?
> (I mean, the coil at antennaIt just needs to be a very high resistance at any operating frequency,
> bleed static to ground, and hopefully trip the PS out if the plate
> blocking cap goes.
The general consensus is that the old 2.5 mH probably would blow open in such a case?

>> I don´t know if it is frecuency related and/or power related.

Neither.  if you are asking about the power output of the amp. It should
have enough current handling capability to cause the PS to blow a fuse
or shut down in case the blocking caps fail.
I don't think I missed anything.
It's only function in an amp is to get the plate voltage from ever
getting to the coax connector and hence to the antenna if the blocking
caps fail.

73

Roger (K8RI)