[Amps] The power of an oversized electrolytic capacitor /

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Mon May 21 07:31:15 PDT 2012

My result on a 3-phase power supply with a 3800V AC transformer is a drop to
5162V from 5400VDC at 2.4A load.
The capacitor is just 2µF, no choke input in this one.
That capacitor does the same as a 12µF would do on a single phase power
supply.
I don´t care about the additional 100W I could probably obtain by a larger
capacitor and have no voltage drop across a large glitch resistor.

73
Peter, DJ7WW