[Amps] plate voltage meter shunt

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at bigpond.com
Sat Nov 3 20:38:36 EDT 2012

Here are the specs for Panasonic MOF resistors. I used the 5W variety in
my amp project. They are rated at 500V. The 1/2W have a 300V rating and
the 1W - 3W all have 350V.

http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/components/pdf/AOA0000CE18.pdf

Somewhere on one of my computers, I have/had a chart of specs for some
Chinese MOF resistors but I can't find it at the moment. I'll no doubt
stumble across it when I'm searching for something else. Anyway, from
memory, the 5W model in that table is rated at 750V.

Dunno what type of resistor you are using but it is quite easy to find
ones which are rated at higher than 200V.

Good luck with the project.

73, Alek.
VK6APK

On 4/11/2012 5:15 AM, Douglas Johnson wrote:
> I am installing a meter to measure plate voltage 1-5000v@ 1a dc, the meter has a 1ma fs rating.  the serial resistance I have made up in the past has been 3 watt metal film resistors in series. since they can only rated for 200v per resistor it takes many to do the job. Can some other resistor type with a higher rating be used in a safe manner for this purpose?...tnx, Doug,w9iix

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk
http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6ap

Family Businesses:
Petkovic Air&  Gas.  petkovicag at bigpond.com