[Amps] plate voltage meter shunt

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 7 11:16:06 EST 2012

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 22:22:04 -0800, VE7RF wrote:

<snip>
>##  With these Vishay 1%  tol resistors, it’s just grab how many you need.... (then measure em just to be sure) .
>Either Vishay has come up with the best thing since sliced bread, or 8 of us have been extremely lucky over the last
>6 years.   Don’t believe me, buy a box, and see for yourself.

REPLY:
I believe you, but think about this:  If Vishay (or anyone) was consistently
making resistors on the 1% low side, why would they not make them spot on and
sell them for a higher price? What's the point of making them all low and losing
money?

A production run of these is probably tens or hundreds of thousands. I suspect
they measured them, stacked the low ones here and the high ones there and are
shipping from the low stack until it runs out. Then the high ones will start
coming. Or maybe the high ones are already gone and the low ones are shipping.
Who knows?

As you say, you still have to measure them just to be sure.

73, Bill W6WRT