[Amps] Ten Tec Titan 425 Options

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Fri Nov 9 12:22:26 EST 2012

WOW!  $800.00 for a set of caps?  Sure doesn't seem very "square" to me.

The plate voltage is less than 2500 volts on a Titan, and as I remember,
there are 8 caps in it. A set of caps would set you back $80.00 max from
Mouser. www.mouser.com Jeff at Harbach has the screw terminal type like used
in the Titan.

How many diodes are in the string now? Don’t need more that about 5 in each
string.

I would fix it myself!

73 and let us know
Jim W7RY