[Amps] Microwave Oven Power Transformer

Steve Thompson g8gsq72 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:29:07 EST 2012

Doubling up does solve the flux problem, but means a lot of
resistance - MOTs usually start with high Rs for their rating.
More transformers in parallel can compensate so size is then the
downside.

Normally, 10 or 15% reduction in volts is enough to bring the
magnetising current down, so rewinding one to work as a 'buck'
feeding 4 or 5 others is another option for the thrify types.

Steve