[Amps] hunter 2000c

John Becker johnb3030 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 5 00:54:02 EDT 2012

> Filament voltage for 3-400z is 5 VAC, but I'm reading only 3 VAC on each
> wire feeding the filament choke and going to each tube.  Ideas?
> Thanks,
> Cam
> WA4JKW

I built one of these from a kit for the W9BGX Northwestern University
club station in about 1966. In the remaining time I was there, we only
had a couple of problems with it. The output started dropping off and I
found the solder connections on the filament choke assembly were bad.
This was a pre-built assembly, the choke and some lugs and a mounting
bracket, not something that had been soldered in building the kit. After
re-soldering the lugs, the amp put out more power than it had when it
was new. I also had to re-solder the filament pins on at least one of
the tubes. I think I remember that it had gone completely open.

73, John, K9MM