[Amps] Question re GU-74B grid current

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Oct 23 09:36:11 EDT 2012

The 1600B was a decent tube and a few manufacturers, including Ten Tec,
jumped on it. Unfortunately there wasnt enough Russian surplus to go around
so manufacturers and owners were left holding the bag.

I built one into a fried SB-1000 cabinet using Amp Supply RF section parts
and a Dahl transformer.

It made a bit over 1500W right thru 10M but IMD was no better than -28
to -30dB 3rd and was sold soon after for an Amp Supply LK-780 that was
partial payment for some consulting work.

Carl
KM1H