[Amps] The GU84B and GU78B tubes

gdaught6 at stanford.edu gdaught6 at stanford.edu
Sat Oct 27 22:29:44 EDT 2012

Leigh wrote...

< snip >

> The 4CX1600A/B was a re-badged GU91B (a very fine linear SSB tube
> before supply totally dried up)

Not THAT fine!  Compare IMD numbers with an 8877 or 3cx800.

> and that fabricated transmutation came about
> through the shenanigans and missteps of the ill-conceived and
> short-lived Svetlana US venture lead by entrepreneur
> George Badger to tap into the then vast repository stores of NOS
> surplus military stocks.

Don't blame W6TC for that!  Set your focus on Svetlana USA in Huntsville.

And I believe that some (many? most? all?) of the 4CX1600B's were actually made
to Svetlana USA's order, not just relabeled military stock.  The 4CX800A's were
often (usually?  always?) relabeled milsurp.  Again, this are my beliefs, not solid
facts.

73,

George T Daughters, K6GT
CU in the California QSO Party (CQP)