[Amps] The GU84B and GU78B tubes

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sun Oct 28 08:56:47 EDT 2012

Subject: Re: [Amps] The GU84B and GU78B tubes

Leigh wrote...

< snip >

> The 4CX1600A/B was a re-badged GU91B (a very fine linear SSB tube
> before supply totally dried up)

Not THAT fine!  Compare IMD numbers with an 8877 or 3cx800.

** Some actually believe that a -30 to 32 IMD is excellent!

> and that fabricated transmutation came about
> through the shenanigans and missteps of the ill-conceived and
> short-lived Svetlana US venture lead by entrepreneur
> George Badger to tap into the then vast repository stores of NOS
> surplus military stocks.

Don't blame W6TC for that!  Set your focus on Svetlana USA in Huntsville.

And I believe that some (many? most? all?) of the 4CX1600B's were actually
made
to Svetlana USA's order, not just relabeled military stock.

** As I mentioned yesterday, they duplicated the Eimac anode design

Carl
KM1H

The 4CX800A's were
often (usually?  always?) relabeled milsurp.  Again, this are my beliefs,
not solid
facts.

73,

George T Daughters, K6GT