[Amps] The GU84B and GU78B tubes / some brief history

Vic K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 11:28:44 EDT 2012

I'm thinking about this issue now for my project 4CX1000A amplifier. The problem I see is
the first element getting chopped by the screen relay pull-in time, which would have to be
under 8 ms. to work.  I am going to use a fast bias switching arrangement along with the
QSK RF relays as usual, but it would be nice to also switch the screen voltage.
Presently, I'm planning to have an "amp enable" switch which will turn on the screen
voltage and connect the transceiver key out to the QSK relays. So the amp won't
necessarily be 'armed' whenever it is warmed up and ready.
I have an extra vacuum relay that I could use for this, but Ian's board seems to be
designed for a 12v relay in this spot!

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA