[Amps] MFJ products

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Mon Sep 10 20:46:47 EDT 2012

On 9/10/2012 7:30 PM, Mike wrote:
> Dave,
>
> You have to look at it this way, if MFJ had not bought up many of the old
> Ham Radio Equipment suppliers we may not find stuff at all or at reasonable
> price, anything that is shipped you should check out before using including
> Alpha products

Both Cushcraft and Hy-Gain would likely be gone if not for them.

> I have an old MFJ-989 Tuner and also AL-1500 both of which worked perfectly
> out of the box.

I've had 2 989C tuners and no complaints. I did have to clean the coils
and contacts a couple of times over the years and I did have to be
careful about the resonant point on 160m antennas as I could get the
tuners to arc if that resonant point was near the bottom end of the band
and I was running the legal limit.  They worked well for the money.

73

Roger (K8RI)