[Amps] MFJ products

Vic K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 10:56:53 EDT 2012

In order to understand MFJ products, you just need to know that many of them are rated in
"MFJ Watts."

An MFJ Watt is about half a regular watt. So a "1500 watt" MFJ tuner is good
for about 750 normal watts.

They are also living somewhat in the past. In the Old Days when US hams were limited to 1
kW DC input to their finals, a good class-C amplifier might make about 750 watts output.
That was the legal limit. And that is about what their "legal limit" products are capable of.

Having said that, Ameritron amplifiers -- at least the tube amplifiers -- are good buys
and deliver as promised. They are not top quality, but you get what you pay for.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA