[Amps] CPI/EImac reducing app engineering

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Thu Sep 20 21:08:28 EDT 2012

Yes, I wonder the same thing.  Reid sent me an email Monday saying he was given notice, that they no longer have application engineer for power grid tubes. I have known him for over 25 years and have depended on Reid to give me the straight scoop on tube production and performance from Eitel-McCullough. Things cannot be well for the company right now, with the economy stale and tubes being in less demand. They supply some very unique bottles to markets that depend on them. We have seen similar downsizing in RCA/Burle tubes and even in the European Thales=ABB/Seimens/Thomson/Telefunken line. As a continual user and designer of systems that use power grid tubes, I get a queasy feeling knowing that I must interact with a salesperson for technical content.

73
John
K5PRO